Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wedding Party














It was a big day on the block today. My next door neighbor’s son is getting married and they threw a big party for him in the street in front of my house. Since it was basically set up on my driveway, I was invited, of course. The street was covered by a metal roof and decorated up as only the Vietnamese can do. By noon, the party was in full swing, complete with a band, karaoke, great food, and an endless supply of beer. I think the main object of the party was to see how much the American could drink because everyone wanted me to join in a toast with them. I would have been very rude for me to decline. Whoa, I did pretty damn well keeping up with them but I’m am glad I didn’t have to drive home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that practice at the pub paid off! ;-)

Sound like a great time Bill! It is fantastic how well you have been accepted by all the people you have met.

Anonymous said...

Jayus...
You mean if I come over there, I will have to start drinking again....! hahahaha

Grady